Ah, the bomber jacket.
This relaxed fitting layer is obviously something I have been drawn to over the past year as I now have four versions in my closet. They are typically known for their more voluminous shape and elasticized bottom hem. While some may claim they are not the most flattering of silhouettes, I have come to really enjoy the loose cut in both casual and dressy situations. In my personal collection, I have a bomber jacket in a blue Aztec pattern jacquard, tan canvas, cognac faux leather, and light blue chambray. To show you the versatility of this jacket, I put together four spring outfits featuring each of these.
Tan Canvas + Solid Knit Top + Jeans
I remember this day so well as it was two days post hip surgery. Even with a massive bandage, I was still happy to put on these skinny jeans. You can tell by the smile on my face that I am beyond relieved it was over and I was on the path to recovery. To me, this is the ultimate casual outfit with this beautiful turquoise blue knit top that sings under the tan bomber jacket. One of my favorite wood necklaces came out to play in this outfit too.
- Tan Bomber Jacket: Old Navy via Poshmark
- Blue Knit Top: LOFT via Poshmark
- Skinny Jeans: Forever 21+
- Navy Pointy Toe Flats: GAP
- Dovetail Bib Necklace: Anthropologie via Poshmark
- Turquoise Bar Ring: Charming Charlie
- Snake Print Clutch: JCPenney
- Sunglasses: LOFT
Faux Leather + Patterned Top + Faux Leather Midi
This time around I am going a little dressier in a printed blouse and blue faux leather skirt. To me this urban chic look is perfect with the cognac faux leather bomber. I love how the slim silhouette underneath is counterbalanced with the loose fitting jacket. The cool vibe it provides is right up my alley.
- Faux Leather Bomber Jacket: Old Navy via Poshmark
- Patterned Top: Anthropologie
- Blue Faux Leather Midi Skirt: Mynt1792 (I got mine second hand, but found this skirt still being sold at Hey Gorgeous on sale for less than $30 in limited sizes!)
- Handbag: Coach
- Roped Rectangle Necklace: Charming Charlie (I swapped the rope for a chain of my own)
- Aztec Ring: Old Navy
- Sam & Libby Nude Pointy Toe Flats: Target
Aztec Print + Floral + Gray Denim
I would say this look is a little in between, more of a dressy casual outfit. And I am also doing some pattern mixing, which is one of my favorite things to do! These gray skinny jeans are still waaaaayyy out of my comfort zone with being as snug as they are, but I do have to admit, they ramp up the sexy. I really like how the billowing blouse and jacket balance out the slim denim. Another thing I have been trying to do is to utilize my scarf collection. I got this blue ombre one for Christmas and it is divine.
- Blue Aztec Print Bomber Jacket: Old Navy
- Poppy Print Blouse: Torrid
- Gray Skinny Jeans: Lane Bryant
- Blue Ombre Scarf: White House Black Market
- Navy Wristlet: Michael Kors
- Brown, Ivory, and Orange Sandals: MissGuided via Poshmark
Chambray + White Tee + Printed Pant
For my last look, I am adding a little bit of boho funk. These aztec print harem pants really are the star in this outfit. I remember having a extra swagger in my step the day I wore this. The light blue chambray sets off the pants nicely and it acts as a good second player. I side tucked my white tee into the pants to add to the relaxed, yet put together look.
- Chambray Bomber Jacket: Old Navy via Poshmark
- Ava & Viv White Tee: Target
- Printed Pants: Yours Clothing
- Macrame Fringe Bag: Target
- Tasseled Lace Up Booties: Qupid
- Wood Ring Necklace: Express via Poshmark
- Turquoise Ring: Handmade
So there you have it, four outfits with bomber jackets. I really enjoy wearing this style as a light layer for spring and summer. It is a classic style that has been around for a very long time and I believe is here to stay. I love how they are now coming in so many styles, fabrics, and colors. Even though I have four of my own with distinct looks, I still had fun looking for more that are now currently available. I am especially loving the mesh and lace ones below.
Do you have any bomber style jackets? How do you like to wear them?
SHOP BOMBER JACKETS
Today’s Postivity Note
Completely and perfectly and incandescently happy.