I am a recent tulle skirt convert. After seeing Liz of With Wonder and Whimsy style hers several ways, I took the plunge and got one of my own in a blush pink. It has truly been a wonderful addition to my wardrobe and have enjoyed wearing it several different ways. Today I have a four outfit Lookbook to show how I wear a tulle skirt.
With a Tee & Faux Leather Jacket
While I enjoy the girly nature of the skirt, I love adding a little edge to balance it out. A simple dark gray tee gets tucked into the blush skirt and is topped off with a cognac faux leather jacket. I rolled the sleeves to give it a more relaxed feel. Continuing with the edgy theme, the accessories added even more in way of a modern rectangle pendant necklace, vintage statement ring, woven clutch in a zebra pattern, and snake print flats. This entire look is very Anthropologie inspired.
- Blush Tulle Skirt: Charlotte Russe Plus
- Gray Tee: Target
- Faux Leather Jacket: Lane Bryant
- Rectangles Necklace: Charming Charlie (I switched out the chain)
- Zebra Clutch: H&M via Goodwill
- Gigi Point Flat: Payless Shoe Source
- Resin and Wood Ring: Vintage via Estate Sale
With a Plaid Buttondown
I was a little unsure of how this outfit would come together and I am officially in love with the look. This plaid shirt I got in the fall moves seamlessly into spring due to its coloration. While the pinks do not match exactly, they still go together so happily. I ditched my usual necklace and chose to take the accessory focus to this ostrich belt and chunky chain bracelet. While they are larger pieces, their neutral colors make them more palatable among the pink. Yet another Anthropologie inspired look.
- Blush Tulle Skirt: Charlotte Russe Plus
- Ava & Viv Plaid Shirt: Target
- Ostrich Belt: Unknown brand via Poshmark
- Chunky Chain Bracelet: Charming Charlie
- Handbag: Louis Vuitton via Goodwill
- Booties: Old Navy
With a Whimsical Sweater
This was a very different look for me and I still love the whimsical effect it gives. The fox sweater is so cheeky that it makes me smile. I showed this look originally in my Twirl in Tulle this Valentine’s Day post. The layering on top is perfect for a crisp spring day and the scarf and sweater can easily be removed if it gets too warm. I have plans to style this darling sweater another way coming soon too.
- Fox Sweater: Old Navy via Poshmark
- Chambray Shirt: Lane Bryant via Poshmark
- Pink Tulle Skirt: Charlotte Russe+
- Ivory Knitted Scarf: Gift
- Zippered Mini Satchel: Forever 21 via Poshmark
- Acrylic Chain Bracelet: Handmade (see how I DIY’ed it here)
- Chelsea Flat: Payless Shoe Source
With a Crochet Top & Faux Leather Jacket
This was the first time I wore this skirt and I could not have been more excited. I was recreating an outfit I saw in an Anthropologie Lookbook and I loved how it came together. I showed this pastel look first in my Happy New Year with Charlotte Russe Plus post. The ethereal look in light tones is so very soothing. Again, I think the faux leather jacket with the zippers adds a bit of edge to this girly skirt.
- Plus Size Tulle Full Midi Skirt in Blush: Charlotte Russe Plus
- Faux Leather Jacket: Forever 21+ via Poshmark (similar)
- Crochet Top: Chico’s via Poshmark (similar)
- Lace Up Flats: Old Navy (similar)
- Snake Print Clutch: JCPenney (similar)
Tulle skirts can be a little tricky, I admit. After having mine for several months, I am finding it lends well to my style as well as with other items I already have in my closet. I know I will be wearing it more because I have even more ideas of how to style it. If you work in a creative field like me, wearing a tulle skirt to work is not totally out of the question and I actually sported the one with the plaid shirt on the weekend. What I enjoy about this type of skirt the most is the texture it provides. Although it is a solid color, the layers of tulle build to give the most delicious look. These of course are my take on this skirt as I know there are so many other ways to wear it and I am glad I can integrate it so easily into my own personal style without feeling like I am wearing someone else’s clothes.
Today’s Postivity Note
Focus more on your DESIRE than your doubt and the DREAM will take care of itself. -Marcia Wieder