St Patrick’s Day to me has always represented a new and fresh way of looking at the new season. Green has been my favorite color ever since I can remember. As I went to put together a fun outfit incorporating green, I pulled every single item containing the color from both my clothes and accessories and laid them out on my bed. I soon realized I had so many items that I decided to create a Green Lookbook containing four outfits using every single green piece I own that will hopefully give you some ideas for what to wear on St Patrick’s Day. Although a few of these items are new to be shown here on the blog, I shopped my own closet to create the looks.
Green Pants aka Outfit on Repeat
This first outfit is one I have shown on the blog before with a few changes. Before I had a different pair of green pants that just did not fit me correctly. Although at first glance and in the pictures they looked great, as I moved they were not meant for me, so I sold them on Poshmark and got these Lane Bryant ones that have a fabulous pattern on them. I have to admit, for some reason these pictures are not the best. It is weird because I remember feeling all kind of awesome that day. I tried a new product in my hair after I washed it that morning and it left it a lot softer than I am used to. The curl fell out of some places, and stuck in others. Oh well. I guess we Live, Laugh, and Love! And speaking of love, I really love these pants. They are so reminiscent of a pair I saw at Anthropologie it isn’t funny.
- Jacket: LOFT, See my post ReFashion: Making a Jacket’s Sleeves Larger Around
- LIVE LAUGH LOVE Tee: Old Navy via Goodwill
- Lena Jacquard Ankle Pant: Lane Bryant
- Necklace: Anthropologie via Poshmark
- Wood Bangle: Express
- Green Woven Clutch: Anthropologie
- Cut Out Boots: Qupid via Poshmark
Forest Green + Abstract Floral
I have been wanting to pair these two items together for a long time, so I am happy I had the opportunity to do it in this lookbook. Although the dark forest green is not a “traditional” St Patrick’s green, I still think it qualifies. With the punches of white, it takes it right into spring. It is ultra comfy and has a chic look, all good qualities in my book.
- Hunter Green Tee: Lane Bryant
- Ava & Viv Abstract Floral Pant: Target
- White Denim Jacket: Express via Consignment
- Green Gem Necklace: Forever 21 via Poshmark
- Curved Bracelet Trio: Lane Bryant
- Mini Satchel: Forever 21 via Poshmark
Green on Green on Green, oh and some Jeans
Although I love all four outfits in this post, this particular one is my favorite. Is it all the Anthropologie, is it this certain shade of green, is it the lace, is it the amazing fit of these jeans? Who knows, maybe all of the above. The day I wore this I went to the nail salon to get a pedicure and all the ladies said how perfect I was for St Patrick’s Day. I mean, that’s a lot of green! I also took the pain taking task of straightening my hair to get out of my hair rut. It is super thick and coarse, so it is not easy. I must admit, I do love the look.
- Green Lace Jacket: Anthropologie via Poshmark
- Green Tank: Anthropologie via Poshmark
- Green Bead Necklace: Anthropologie
- Skinny Jeans: Slink via Hey Gorgeous
- Green Handbag: Steve Madden via Consignment
- Sandals: Qupid via AllyOops
Floral and Denim all Dressed Up
I was inspired by my friend Hailey of Discourse of a Divine Diva with this look. We recently collaborated with two other of our friends to show each of us styled this green Bellini and her outfit caught my eye with her floral tank and denim skirt. I doubled up the chain on this green stone necklace to really let the pendant shine. I also love the color combination of green, violet, and orange. Ah, yet another hair style with it straight and pulled back. This pony tail is something I always want to like, but can never quite get used to. I am still on the fence if I really like it.
- Sunset Stroll Bellini: Kiyonna
- Floral Tank Blouse: Anthropologie
- Who What Wear Denim Pencil Skirt: Target (plus, straight)
- Green Agate Stone Pendant Necklace: Charming Charlie
- Suede Fold Over Clutch: Kate Spade via Savers
- Curved Bracelet Trio: Lane Bryant
- Sandals: MissGuided via Poshmark
So there you have it! All of the green pieces from my own closet to create four outfits all perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
And as if that was not enough, I am adding my newest feature I have incorporated into my posts for the past few times: the Remix Feature. From the four looks, I have a piece or pieces from that outfit that I have styled in other ways here, so you can click on over on the corresponding linked numbers below the pictures to go to that post.
Today’s Postivity Note
Blessed are the flexible for they will not be bent out of shape.